Friday, February 22, 2008

What you didn't see!

I thought I would show you what you DIDN'T see in yesterday's pictures!


You don't see it yet, do you. You're looking at his beautiful face and the blurry snowflake in front of his eye. Oh! Maybe you think I'm referring to his mohawk. You noticed that didn't you!

Yes! He needed to have his bridle path clipped. But that's NOT what I'm talking about.


Look at his tail!

I think I just heard you GASP!

That's frozen globs of MUD on the end of that tail. Anyone want to venture a guess as to how much that tail weighs? I can tell you that it sounds a bit like a wind chime made of rocks. It also causes your pony to walk like a chicken!



Not only is that enormous mess extremely heavy and cumbersome, it also functions as a self twisting, tangling, braiding mechanism as each frozen glob swings around while the pony walks. What a mess!

No, I'm not heartless! We toted 3 buckets of hot, hot, hot water (1 soapy) down to the barn today and melted all of that mud out of his tail. So now instead of frozen globs of mud, pony has frozen conditioner in the end of his tail.

That's right- frozen! It was sooooo cold that his hot tail was freezing faster than I could dry it. The good news is, he'll never feel it as we only had to wash the end of his tail- all far below his tail bone. The Prince has his tail back tonight.

Oh! And the mohawk was clipped!

NO! I don't have a picture! Not only was his tail frozen. So were my poor FINGERS!

Here! You didn't see this yesterday either!



Isn't she Beeee-oooooo-ti-FUL! Doesn't that make you feel better?

;)

No comments: