Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Living SnowGlobe



The poor weatherman! The forces of nature are proving very difficult to forecast this season! We've had forecasts that have caused us to change plans and appointments only to have the storm peter out. Last night we were told to expect a dusting, possibly up to an inch of snow this morning. Imagine my surprise when I woke up to a solid 3 inches of snow instead.

So when the light, fluffy snow so rare for this area started falling, I grabbed my camera, stuffed my feet into my boots and ran out the door!



Brrrrrrr! Hello! Clearly my brain had not fully booted yet!

I immediately ran back inside, down the basement stairs and quickly jumped into my cover-alls. After slapping a hat on my head, I resumed my sprint out the door with my camera!

This is the kind of snow my Upstate NY memories are made of. This kind of snow was awesome to ski in! Or for that matter to just lay on my back and let fall on my face and eyelashes. It's a peaceful kind of snow.



This kind of snow is beautiful! And I love this haflinger in all his goofiness! You must click on these pictures to get the full effect! (Click a second time) I left the files fairly large so you can see the snowflakes and ice on his whiskers!



Another beautiful "window":


Now if the pony and the weather will cooperate with me in the morning, I'll be a happy camper! ;)

No comments: