Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday Escape



I gotta take a little escape from this Monday! I should be working on the taxes. And I will... after I escape for a few minutes! LOL You know how Mondays are!

So... I told you I'd tell you about the Westminster dog from our Field Trip. We were standing watching a class of Huskies (I think) being judged when I noticed two ladies with a Bassett Hound coming down the aisle toward us. I was scrambling for my camera because his ears were effectively sweeping on the ground beside him. Immediately I was transported to The Pioneer Woman's posts about Charlie. I think I understand how those ears could send you into a time warp.

I missed my photo op but the ladies noticed our attention and stopped to chat with us. They directly addressed the girls and I have to say, I love people who enjoy children. These ladies struck me as people who not only enjoy children but also enjoy educating them- educating them without the children realizing they are being educated- even better and perfect for a field trip.

The conversation turned to the Tibetan Spaniel and we all admitted that we'd never heard of the breed. I wasn't even remotely aware of the breed. We were invited to follow them back to their kennel/grooming area where these ladies brought out a sweet little Tibetan Spaniel named Belle. It was like being invited backstage. ::giggle::

Belle was brought out of her crate and the girls were allowed to pet her. Belle was allowed to lick & socialize with the girls too. Both were equally happy about the experience. Belle is going to be in the Westminster show this week! I think the girls felt like they'd met a famous person. ;)

Here is Belle:

She was very sweet & look at those eyes!

Don't know if I'd want one myself or not(I personally love my Westie boy), but she sure was a sweetheart. So if you're watching the Westminster Dog show this week and see her, you can say, "Hey! I know someone who met her!" LOL Doesn't that make us all important?

I was personally enraptured by these two dogs.
Guess that makes me a terrier girl, huh?

They are tenacious!

His reward: a rat toy! hehehe

And now my Good Man Charlie Brown is in the driveway so I'd better get back to the taxes!

And later... let's discuss look-alikes... the people & dog kind.





No comments: