Sunday, February 17, 2008

later

Ok... so my later got a little longer than I intended. That seems to be the way it goes. But I had a few comments about the video from my last post.

Seems we need the reminder from time to time that life is finite and often too short. The speaker had a lot of good points. It is good to dream, to have goals and to be working for something. A great childhood and great parents are equally important. I've had both and am so thankful!

I think he has it right about placing people above things and showing gratitude. Boy was he ever right about apologies too. I'm not always good with words and am sometimes as clear as mud but I hope that sincerity shows in spite of poor words in times where apologies are necessary.

Now, I don't subscribe to karma. The girls and I have been studying world religions and karma is an idea coming straight out of Hinduism. The fact of the matter is, you can live your life right and good and that doesn't mean it'll necessarily come back to you in this life. I believe the Lord will reward a life of obedience for sure, but it might not be in this life.

Thankfully, the Lord does seem to offer us enough rewards for obedience to encourage us to keep making the effort. But as another Sonlighting mom, Andrea (she's the first I've heard coin the "Jesus with skin on" phrase- LOVE IT!) has discussed recently- bad things still happen to good people.

Take a look at Jesus' life and specifically His interactions with people. And even more specifically, look at the way Jesus interacted with those who didn't know Him. John 4 gives the account of the Samaritan woman Jesus meets at a well. Consider His conversation with her and His treatment of her. Notice that He had every right to be offended by this woman yet He didn't condemn her or shun her. Instead He offered her Living Water.

Jesus with skin on. Yes! Andrea, you've got it girl! THAT is a goal worthy of giving a lifetime of effort - no matter how long that takes.


PS. Did you notice the favicon? :)

No comments: