Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bloopers


Oops!

I'm an out-of-the-box, not very normal kind of girl. Maybe that's why I feel right at home with bloopers. It seems I'm always committing some crime against social correctness. You know, like picking up the wrong fork to use for my salad! Or chewing gum on my wedding day! --Yes! I did! I was nervous and I didn't care ONE BIT about social correctness. I still don't!

Don't confuse this with bad manners. Admittedly, the socially correct will point their bony fingers at me and declare me guilty. There is a difference between being considerate of others and following social protcol. I will say please and thank you, chew with my mouth closed, and refrain from burping or passing gas... the list goes on. But don't expect me to conform to the text book of social correctness.




Not exactly what I was going for... but it's pretty anyway.

I have discovered that I often resemble a blooper. I'm ok with that. I mean really... who decided that one fork was only fit for salad? They are both forks! I think using two forks just makes extra dirty dishes. Someone has to wash those extra forks! And what's the crime if I chew gum on my wedding day? I was smiling and happy and chewing gum kept the butterflies in my belly from flying out. Wouldn't you rather I did chew gum?

And who decided that these things... these social "rules"... were worth being important? Most are very silly when you consider what is really important in life. People... each one unique and special... created by God and loved by Him... people are important. Forks aren't!




Even repeated, it's still pretty.

I guess I'm a rebel!

2 comments:

Callie said...

Yes, but what was it you were photographing?!!

Woman With Windows said...

hehehe

Out in the dark! I was too whiny to put boots on and leave the comfort of indoors.

So instead, I ended up with the reflection of the house light on the snow.