Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A few thoughts from my heart.


I was working on a purple crotcheted hat when I looked down and saw this pink heart on my lap.
I have no idea how it got there. It had been 24 hours since I had worked with that color. And I certainly hadn't shaped it there on my lap.
Funny how things just happen.
Life is like that.

I don't generally subscribe to resolutions because we all have the choice to make a change at any time. That being said, we gladly left 2009 behind and hope that 2010 brings encouragement, hope, and changes in positive directions for us.
Of course, change doesn't always come easy and many of the changes we hope to make in 2010 are going to be difficult-- but necessary.
And we pray the end results will be positive for our family.
We've just left the first month of the year behind and not much has changed for us. In fact, I declared, between sobs last week, that I feel like we're spinning our tires in deep, thick mud! We've attempted to make some moves but seem to have only encountered slammed doors. Now we're looking for windows.

One BIG CHANGE for 2010 we've already set in motion is that we are placing all three of our horses (Pholly, MaGee and Kid) for sale. We hope to find new homes for them quickly. My heart needs for this to just happen so it can heal and move on. We'll be sad to see them go, for sure. We've agonized over this decision since last summer. I've cried-- sobbed- felt the pain in my heart- put it off & tried to ignore it but... It is just necessary. There are positives on the other side of the decision that I'm hanging on to. Finding great new homes for them will ease the pain.

Parenting is certainly changing its face for us. It's one crazy beast that morphs from one form to another. We see areas we need to change, mistakes we've made and need to fix quickly before it's too late, things we are happy we're doing and would like to do more. I plan to blog more on this soon.

Speaking of blogging: It is my goal to keep this up to date this year. I have some personal goals where my love for photography is concerned that I hope to incorporate into my blog. One task I've set before myself is to capture ONE image from my day to share here. The idea seems to be in keeping with giving you a peek in my windows. That's not always easy because there's the risk of vulnerability. A friend shared a great quote today that says it best:
"A dog has lots of friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue."
So true.

We've reached 2010 and we're into our late 30's... supposedly "all-grown-up".. and we're just now figuring out what we really want to do "when we grow up". ::insert laughing here::
That's not really fair, is it? I mean... what we really want to do is a far cry from what we are doing! Sheesh! (And thus we encourage our kiddos to take their time! There's no hurry when you're in your late teens and even your early twenties- I mean REALLY!)
So 2010 will involve much research... much pondering... some simplifying and hopefully putting some "ducks in a row". Whether we make drastic changes in the end or not only The Lord knows. But it can't hurt to take steps toward improvement- right?

And back to that heart...
next to pursuing wisdom (Proverbs 4:7)...
I hope to guard mine well and in turn encourage my children to do so as well.

"ABOVE ALL ELSE, GUARD YOUR HEART,
FOR IT AFFECTS EVERYTHING YOU DO."
~Proverbs 4:23

Now how did that pink yarn heart get there?






© 2009
All images property of Jodie L Hemersbach
Do not copy, capture, print or steal.


No comments: