Friday, June 27, 2008

Leaving a Mark

Traversing my way over to Aunt Jackie's blog this morning, I found this post for today. So funny!! And of course, as we already knew... she's NOT ALONE!! So I thought I share what is probably one of my biggest & funniest "DUH!" moments too.

It happened on a vacation to Cape Cod. I was invited to go along with my childhood bff, Dawn, and her family. I'd never been to Cape Cod before and it was great fun to be shown all of their favorite sights. They also treated me to clam chowder like I've never had before or since.

The beach, of course, was where a majority of our time was spent.

On this particular trip to the beach, the tide was out and we were enjoying walking along the quiet beach looking for treasures left behind by the retreating waters. That was when I saw them.... ARROWS!!

Yep! I was absolutely fascinated by these arrows. They were all uniform and lined up one after the other. And they seemed to go one way... until I noticed another line of arrows coming from another direction and crossing the line I was currently following. (Gosh! Sounds like I am a dog... doesn't it!!)

At this point, I piped up and said, "Gosh! Who made all of these arrows on the beach?"


Laughter followed!! MUCH LAUGHTER!!!

Bird tracks!!!

DUH!!!!

Aunt Jackie is right... it must be genetic.

I will likely never live that down! That and... "Bees eat the woodwork?" (but that's another story! ;) )

3 comments:

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

Suddenly I feel a whole lot better!
LOL! ;)

I would still choose to entertain the idea that perhaps they WERE arrows....
and someone left them there to lead you to something great...
Like treasure....

Or maybe someone left them for the smokers on the beach to follow...
Straight to their cigarette butts...
So they could pick them up!

It may, after all, be a huge coincidence, that birds make similar prints when they walk in the sand!

;)
Aunt Jackie

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! Love this story!! Still makes me chuckle out loud.

Love,
Mom

Oh yeh....what about the sending it U.S. Mail one???

Woman With Windows said...

Yea... J pointed that story out too. That definitely rivals the arrows.

Dad asked me to take a package to the post office and just mail it regular mail. I walked in to the P.O. and said to the postmaster, "Hi. I'd like to mail this U.S. Mail please."

OMG... did that man ever laugh. He proceeded to ask me if I was sure. He suggested that he could send it Canadian mail or Mexican mail instead. Pretty sure my face was a new shade of red.

And like you Aunt Jack... I really AM a smart girl. I just have these air attacks from time to time.

ROFL