Thursday, June 5, 2008

Simple Things

On June 4th, 1994, Jason and I stood before the Lord, our family and friends and tied our lives together in marriage.

That day, 14 years ago, was a beautiful day in upstate NY. Yesterday was a beautiful day in Indiana. My Good-Man-Charlie-Brown took the day off for our anniversary. We decided to take the girls and the puppy and go hiking.



It really, truly is the simple things in life that make me happy. Just being together as a family doing nothing fancy. We had hoped for hiking in the woods but found the trail we picked was mainly on the prairie. On the plus side, there were less mosquitoes in the fields than in the woods.

I couldn't have asked for a better day. I told Jason that I really am happy with the simple things. He doesn't need to shower me with fancy gifts. He didn't need to take me to take me to a fancy restaurant (I'm odd, I know... but I just don't enjoy restaurant eating- period).

Spend the day with me. Be together. Grab a bite- nothing fancy. Relax. Enjoy each other's company. Listen to the kids. Watch them discover and learn together.
They're a great looking crew... my good man and our girls... don't you think?

It was a perfect way to celebrate us.

Simple things!



PS- I think I should be able to claim "low maintenance" status, don't you? ;) Well... ok... there is chocolate!

No comments: