Monday, May 5, 2008

Makes ya think!

For the last two weeks, we've received daily phone calls from both Democratic campaigns.

Let me just be frank... I don't take sales calls. If I'm in a particularly good mood, I'll play games with them.... like asking them to "hold on please", then putting the phone on the counter and leaving it there- A fun trick I learned from my mom & Dad! At least if they are sitting on my counter, they aren't calling YOU! ;) On the average day, I simply interject with whatever suits my fancy and hang up without allowing a reply.

Hey! I know they are just people doing their jobs... but I think they ought to find a new job!

So the political campaigns have been calling me daily. At 8:40pm... I'm expecting phone calls from family or friends... not Hillary or Barak's campaign office. Furthermore... I have the right to vote and I also have the right to not share who I'm voting for. I've exercised that right a LOT in the last two weeks.

The other night I was so disgusted with the interruption that when the caller asked me, "Can So&So count on your support?", I PROMPTLY replied, "NO!". The caller was then at a loss for words and I quickly put them at ease by ending their session with me.

Tonight, it was the opposition to So&So that invaded our home-front with an obnoxious phone call. I was REALLY NOT in the mood today! I told the caller that I was really tired of this whole thing. What could she do but apologize?

But it really makes you think... if these candidates have such disregard for people's lives, the home, family time... if they really cared about people like they represent... do you think they'd be harassing my family daily for two weeks??? Yea Right! Me thinks I smell a rat!

Who am I voting for?
--- That's none of your business!
-------And if I have questions, I'll seek YOU out.
------------I have a mouth and I know how to use it!!!!!!

::cheeky grin::


No comments: