Sunday, May 25, 2008

Lifted!

Ugh!

I woke up this morning, looked in the mirror and thought, "UGH"!


A change was needed! I looked dragged down, stringy and **gasp**... old! It was like a horror flick!

Ok... so that's dramatic. But the point is that I looked in the mirror and wasn't happy with what I saw.

Compounding the issues for me... GRAY hair. And I'm not just talking a few... I'm talking about a full break out of gray hairs. And those gray hairs have a mind of their own! They are rebellious! They don't stay in line and are always trying to do their own thing. It's enough to drive one batty!

I mean... I have kids, horses, dogs... rather puppy..., cats, husband, home, laundry, cooking, business, family.... blogging... to keep in line. Who has time, not to mention the energy, to keep gray hairs in line.

And while I'm being completely vulnerable here, I might as well admit that I use a hair color product regularly in an attempt to blend those gray hairs in with the rest. But... they are rebellious! They prefer to stand out... and sometimes to even stand UP! UGH!

So, I stood in front of the mirror and made a decision right then and there! It was time for a change! Time for a lift! Time to bring on something more hip!

"GIRLS!!! Get yourselves cleaned up! We're going to town!"

We won't talk about the young chic (who I imagine is my age because everyone is my age now... 'tho in reality, she's at least 10 years younger than I.... **gag**) who tried to relate by telling me she has 2... yes TWO!.. gray hairs! Give me a break chicky! Wait until it tries to take over entire patches of your head... then tell me you know how I feel! Ah... I'm giving her a hard time. She is a sweet girl who, unlike a lot of hair dressers I've encountered, knows how to smile and carried on conversation with me as if she was truly interested.

And of course... she did this
I've been lifted! I'm in much better spirits now. And look! I don't care what the number of my years are (Jodie version 3.6), I refuse to be old!!


2 comments:

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

LOVE it!!!
It looks FAB - and really makes you look so cool and hip! ;)

Sidenote:
You are soooo lucky....
If only a new haircut could give me the lift I need...
I'd need a boob job, serious liposuction as well as the kind of plastic surgery that even the rich Latin doctor from Dr. 90210 would find challenging...

If I were you, I'd be thanking my lucky stars that grey hairs are your biggest beauty problem...

Wait until gravity gets a hold of you!
It's not pretty!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT !!!! Seriously LOVE IT !!
Jill