Saturday, January 12, 2008

What a little sun can do!

Before even climbing out of bed this morning, "Charlie Brown" and I were discussing imminent tasks and issues we needed to deal with. None of it abnormal. Just simply the symptoms of real life. The stuff you just have to deal with. But it left me with an overwhelmed feeling and I had a strong desire to just stay under the flannel sheets, all cozy and warm in the blankets.

Life feels safe there. Could it be that feeling is one that traces back to the womb? It's so similar to the security of being an infant swaddled in a blanket.

Regardless, we are no longer infants and cannot simply stay in bed. So we ventured out to face the day and all that life brings.

The sun was shining and it was actually a beautiful day for mid-January. We cleaned out stalls dressed simply in sweatshirts, stocking hats and gloves. Being outside felt like therapy!

It occurred to me that THIS was a great day to have my camera out! I exhausted the subject matter around our property and suggested to Charlie Brown that this would be a great day to go walk around Adams Mill! Adams Mill is a quaint treasure tucked away south of Burlington in Carroll county.

I filled the memory card and we returned home feeling relieved, refreshed and recharged. Now I'm having fun with photos. I just discovered that I don't have to resize them so small in order to use them on the blog. If you want to see the actual picture file, click on the picture. (duh, right? Sometimes I do resemble an air head! LOL) So while these are not FULL size files, I did edit them leaving them a little larger so you can appreciate them better. Here are a few from this afternoon.







1 comment:

Jules said...

Your pictures are beautiful!

Great ones of your dc. :)