Tuesday, December 11, 2007

OH the uses for duct tape!



Duct tape! (That is what is called although I've seen some refer to it as Duck tape. Maybe that's a brand?) What a wonderful invention!! A work of pure genius in my opinion!

And sometimes it's a work of pure genius by the people who use duct tape to solve every day problems.

My children were intent on enjoying the first snow of the season last week. It was COLD and the wind was blowing. All three set out but two soon returned to the warmth of the indoors complaining that it was freezing outside. (LOL That would explain the snow! ;) )

One child remained outside. Being Mom means I am imparted with special insight into my children. I was sure that not only would this third child not enjoying continuing her play alone, but that she would also succumb to the freezing-ness of the great outdoors in less than 10 minutes.


Well, even moms are known to be wrong. And I blame it on duct tape this time!

Said child went on playing happily for another 15 or 20 minutes. I watched her from the window for a while and could even hear her on occasion- talking to herself. She was having a blast.

Finally, I decided that I had to be a good mom and call her in. Maybe in her immersed-in-imagination state she didn't realize how cold she was, I reasoned. So I opened a window and told her to come inside now and expressed my concern over her being too cold.

"Mom, I'm NOT cold. Can I play a little longer?"

"You must be cold. It's FREEZING out there!"

"I'm not mom."

And older sister, now standing at my side, suddenly explains, "No mom. I duct taped her mittens and boots on."

Oh my goodness! I laughed and laughed. Then I came to my senses and grabbed my camera! I mean, such genius has to be documented!

I did allow her a few more minutes outside before insisting that she come in. After all, her face was still exposed and we must protect that beautiful face!

And the state of her hands & feet? TOASTY WARM!

Who knew?

No comments: