Sunday, July 27, 2008

I feel the need...

Moms!

Are you having a rough week?

Kids whining all day? Endless bickering and arguing getting you down?

Are you pulling your hair in an attempt to anesthetize your mental state?

If an overdose of the darkest chocolate available has failed to bring relief, and a bubble bath has only left you wrinkly.... If shopping only increases your blood pressure while decreasing your account balances and you've already spent time with your favorite equine... Your therapist is out of town and you don't drink lest you add to your problems with another strong addiction (remember the chocolate?)...

I may have another solution for you!

SPEED!!!!

NO! I'm not speaking of drugs folks! ... remember, you don't need bigger problems! LOL

I'm talking speed!!! Legal speed!!!

That's my dad! He's screaming around an "S" curve in second gear while racing against the clock.

This is AutoCross!

And this is FUN!!!

Filled with adrenaline! It's a closed track with a set course. In this case, each driver is on the track alone... only him, his car, and the clock running. The goal... get around the course in as little time as you can. Hit any cones or drive off the course and seconds are added to your final time. You want to be quick, smooth and clean!

And THAT is ME!!! Yep! Also racing against the clock... also around that "S" curve... but not screaming quite like Dad!

Racing against myself and the clock... My first time was 56.13 seconds. My best time was 48.37 seconds.

and it was a BLAST!!!!


I didn't kick many butts...best time for the day was 44.84 seconds... but that's not because I wasn't trying! (The average best time was 48.42! )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO, JODIE!!! You have skills and they include driving....FAST!!!!
We're so proud! Dad was so thrilled that you were there with him!!!

Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Oh, how FUN! My hubby would pay good money for that kind of fun, but his hobby is in the sky. (He's got a private pilots licence). But every time he gets really upset at something, you can tell by how he handles the car, lol. If it's ruff and fast, it's not time to talk about that book I wanted to buy!